Tuesday, June 26, 2012

For the Golden God

Hi! This is my first post here and since I didn't enter the awesomeness comp, I'm putting my entry here for Derek and the rest of you to read. Some of you have read a little of it, but I changed it slightly. Still 500 words though and I'm okay with how it turned out. Hope you all like it too!


Valkyrie groaned, and sat up. "I told you it was a trap," she said.
"No, you said it looked like it was a trap," Skulduggery corrected. "That's completely different."
He helped her up as a door opened behind them and Sadistica Tortura walked through, an unsettling smile on her lips.
 
So nice of you to drop by, detectives.” she said, flicking back her long, wavy, bright red hair. “Oh, and that wasn't really a trap. It was an entrance. You like it?” She was all red. Red dress, red high heels, red lipstick, red hair. Her eyes though, were very green. 
I would have liked it better if you added a chute. In case you didn't know, I can't fly like Skulduggery over here.” grumbled Valkyrie. 
Oh, yes. I'm terribly sorry about that.” Sadistica didn't sound sorry at all. “I'm Sadistica Tortura by the way. You two are quiet the popular troublemakers.” she smiled slyly. 
So what are we here for? Why do you want us?” asked Skulduggery. 
Cutting to the chase then, are we?” 
We've got other things to do.” 
Nothing much,” she answered. “Just something of mine was stolen and I called you here to ask if you could help me get it back.” 
No, sorry.” said Skulduggery “We're not going on a wild duck hunt-” 
Goose chase.” Valkyrie corrected. 
Skulduggery didn't seem to hear her. “We are not going on a duck hunt for something that is not real.” 
Skulduggery, it's goose chase. Not duck hunt.” Valkyrie insisted. 
I heard you the first time, my dear Valkyrie, and actually, it is duck hunt. It's always been duck hunt.” 
Since when?” 
Since just now, because I said so” 
Sadistica cleared her throat to get their attention. “While this is a nice conversation,” she said, “Can we go back to why you're thinking that I am making this up?” 
In a blink of an eye, Skulduggery had his gun out and pointed at her. “Sadistica Tortura, you are under arrest for stealing private property and murdering Krane Powers and Loretta Gape.” 
Damn. You knew this all along, didn't you?” She was backing up, getting closer to the door. 
Yes, now I suggest you come quietly. Or else we will be forced to have to subdue you.” Skulduggery said. Sadistica turned around and tried to run but Valkyrie punched her hard in the face and she hit the ground, knocked out cold. “Why didn't you say 'the sparrow flies south for winter' before you punched?” asked Skulduggery, sounding slightly offended. He knelt down to shackle Sadistica's wrists. 
You said it yourself. If she tried to run, we would have to 'subdue' her. That should be warning enough.” Valkyrie answered. “So what do we do now? She can't walk to the car in this state.”  
Skulduggery suggested, “Let's leave her here for the cleavers.”

Hope you liked it!

2 comments:

  1. thats so good! :) shame u couldn't enter it, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great, Lav! I really enjoyed it. Especially the whole duck-hunt thing! :D It's such a shame you didn't enter it, though! I'm sure Derek would've loved it! <3

    ReplyDelete