Monday, June 4, 2012

Yes? No? Maybe? No, I know. It's terrible...


Valkyrie groaned, and sat up. “I told you it was a trap,” she said.
“No, you said it looked like it was a trap,” Skulduggery corrected. “That’s completely different.”
He helped her up as a door opened behind them and Sadistica Tortura walked through, an unsettling smile on her lips. She cradled a baguette in her arms. “Now,” she spoke. Tortura’s voice was delicate, despite her harsh Glaswegian accent. “You two have been trying to steal some of my collectables, from what I hear…” she rolled up her sleeves and breathed heavily. Tortura looked down and allowed the blonde curls to fall into her face, framing her pale face. Her eyes were prickled with tear drops, but she shook her head.
Sadistica pressed her index finger to her stomach, and then to her left forearm. Her body glowed orange as she crossed her arms across her body.  Skulduggery reached for his gun, so she flung open her arms sending surge of orange energy into them both, leaving the baguette to fall to the ground.
Skulduggery leaped forward, whereas Valkyrie dived to the left. The energy dissipated and Skulduggery retrieved the baguette and grabbed Valkyrie’s hand. Sadistica was momentarily blinded by the glowing energy and depended on her pressure sensors in her body, but this time they let her down. She felt the baguette smash into her head, she recoiled and Valkyrie took this opportunity to hurtle a ball of fire at Sadistica, torching her blonde hair.
Sadistica’s world came into focus, once again. She saw the baguette heading straight for her face, but hadn’t enough time to move and it crashed into her face, hard. She heard a crunch as the stick of bread broke in half. Valkyrie mumbled something about sparrows and winter, and then her fist met Sadistica. But Tortura came back at her with a high kick, meeting Valkyrie’s chin. Skulduggery was too busy mourning over his latest weapon. Valkyrie stumbled and almost fell, but got into a rhythm and sent shadows flying into Sadistica, pushing her away. Valkyrie reinforced this barrier with a wall of air, she pushed at it.
Sadistica’s hair was torched and her nose dripping with blood. She glared at Valkyrie and reached out her arm, as though she was about to throw her and fell to the floor. A single bullet wound through her chest, Skulduggery replaced his gun in his pocket and embraced the baguette one last time. “Rest in pieces, baguette – you were…” Skulduggery ran out of the room – cutting himself off - closely followed by Valkyrie.
“Plan?” Valkyrie shouted.
“Doors are for people with no imagination, my dear Valkyrie. There’s a window…Coat?” She tore off her coat and threw it to him.  Skulduggery’s foot made contact with the cold, hard floor once more before he propelled upwards and smashed through the stained-glass and landed elegantly on the wet grass, Valkyrie followed and tumbled in a heap.
“That was pure lunacy!”
“Well, sanity is the ability to deny anything fun…”

6 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha. I like that last line. But I can't help noticing that a LOT of these entries have these things:

    Sadistica with a delicate voice

    The sparrow flies south for winter



    Except for mine, of course. Hehe. But yours has something no one else has, Lucy Anna.

    YOURS HAS A BAGUETTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist. This isn't even my final entry.
      I entered my other one.
      This may go into the folder, though...If you all approve, that is. Because I feel as though I need to put more effort into the folder..

      Delete
  2. That is really good! Of course it should go in the folder! I've almost finished my entry but it's too long, gotta cut it down a lot! =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, dear! It's not even that good, thoughhh.
      I didn't have to cut any of mine down, they were exactly 450 each time! x3

      Delete
  3. I want to enter into this but I just can't bring myself to write with Skul and Val as characters. I'm scared I wouldn't be able to do them justice.

    Well done though L, the baguette is definitely a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, I'm sure you'd do them plenty of justice! This is the entry I didn't enter, sadly...I entered another one, hence this not going into the folder. You'd do it well, you should enter - even though there are only a couple of days remaining..

      Also, thank you, dear! Baguette is because of the gorgeousssss Becky and, of course, Olivia! <3

      Delete